In other words...to dally, to dawdle, drag one's feet, postpone, stall, tarry, boondoggle, or fritter away.
I am sad to say that I have boondoggled. My name is Julie and I procrastinate.
If you were to rifle through my children's drawers you would possibly find a 4T shirt in J'boy's. You might find some 2T shorts in S-girl's. And, there is a strong possibility that a few size 9month onesies are still lingering in L-boy's drawer. I've been "meaning" to sort through those drawers for months now.
I have some beautiful pictures to hang in my hallway. Sadly, they are still nestled in their boxes somewhere in the abyss that is the basement. However, it HAS only been two years.
And see, even as I type this..I am procrastinating. I am stalling. But please forgive my dilatoriness. Because, this is the post where I do something that I have been meaning to do for quite some time!
Accept some sweet awards.
From my sweet blog friends.
Please know that I appreciate every one.
Thank you for thinking of me...in all my lolly gagging glory.
Natalie, the cool chick from Mommy of a Monster (I mean toddler) and Infant Twins,
Amy at The Adventures of JAMC
and the very funny Brianne from Photag Nazi gifted me with the versatile blogger award. Thank you so much ladies...If I'm nothing..I'm versatile! I love that. Here are the 7 versatile things about me.
1. I’m a dabbler. Yes, I dabble in this and that. I dabble in stamping/ card making. I dabble in jewelry making. Yes, if you need a gift in a hurry..I’m your gal. I can whip you up a pair of earrings or a bracelet in no time. I’ve dabbled in painting. In fact, if you were to rummage through my basement you would find no less than 12 blank canvases …all awaiting a work of art. And then there is sewing. I took a sewing class my senior year of high school. I made myself a nifty pair of floral denim overalls. I wish I had them now. I’d model them for you. So, I dabble in sewing whenever it strikes my fancy.
And you know I dabble in photography. But I think if you asked my husband, he would say it has become much more than just dabbling. I’d love to have you over one day. You could dabble with me.
2. My husband is chiming in over my shoulder. He says I’m super spontaneous. I have no idea what that means…but I do know that living with him leaves me no other choice! I say that in love, of course.
3. I can do a back flip on our trampoline. Yep, every now and then I’ll pull that out of my bag of tricks and totally impress my children. However, it is happening less frequently. The last time I pulled that stunt I threw my back out and laid on the floor the whole next day! But, hey…I could still do it if I wanted to. The name “Julie” means “youthful spirit”…so I’ve gotta live up to it!
4. I love reading the Christian Classics. Oswald Chambers, A.W. Tozier, Andrew Murray, Hannah Whitall Smith and C.S Lewis are some of my favorites. I remember the first time I picked up Oswald Chamber's, My Utmost for His Highest. I was floored. So powerful. I guess that‘s why they call them “classics” .
5. I love to laugh. I think a day without laughter is like a day without the sun. DARK!
6. I enjoy a good marinade. I love making up new marinades. Of course, when someone asks me what I used..I never remember. It’s hard to duplicate the same one twice. Hmm..maybe I should write it down sometime. But then..it wouldn’t be spontaneous.
7. I’m a procrastinator. I hate it, but I just am. Does that count as versatile?
The lovely Tracy from Three Peas and A Bean gifted me with the Sunshine award. If you haven't met Tracy..you must..her pictures are gorgeous.
Angie the amazing lady from Angie's Healthy Living Blog,
Melissa, the talented photographer from Storytime,
and the multi-faceted Melissa from Wemmicks in Training all gifted me with the Happy 101 award.
From the depths of my heart..thanks ladies. Here are 10 things that float my boat..er make me happy!
1. My Grandma's Pickles
2. Grubby Dirty Boys.
3. S-girl’s dimple
4. D-man’s steady, positive personality
5. Sitting on my porch, reading a good book.
7. Photoshop (sorry…I couldn’t help myself)
8. Notes (emails) from friends.
9. I’m forgiven…and that makes me so happy.
And now I'm going to break the rules and pick a few blogs for each award.
Otherwise, I might never finish this post.
Versatile Blogger Award
Lindsay at Snapshots of Happiness
Jenn at Seizing my Day
Donna at The Motherhood Truth
Happy 101 Award
Victoria at Life with Little Logan
Heather at Traveling down the Tracks of Life with D&H.
Jenilee at The Goodwin Family
Carol Anne at Lula Lola