Monday, January 18, 2010

Rockin' the Broccoli..

"Yummy...I really think this broccoli stuff ROCKS!!! It's like a party in my mouth."



"Mommy said it's really GOOD for me!"



"Hey, a kids got the right to change his mind!"




Now, don't walk...run and get the ingredients for this lovely soup. You can thank me later! My long lost friend from elementary school posted this on her facebook page. And take my advice...use the ground chicken...it's the best!

Paige's Chicken with white bean and spinach stew

2 slices of bacon, chopped
1 lb. Ground chicken OR Turkey Sausage
1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (only if you use the ground chicken...not needed if you use the turkey sausage because fennel is already in sausage. I prefer the ground chicken though)
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (or to taste)
3+/- Garlic Cloves, grated on micro-plane (my preference) or diced
2 Cans White Beans with juice (Great Northern Beans or Cannelini Beans)
2 Quarts Chicken Stock
2 cups Spiral or Elbow Pasta (I use Barilla's multi-grain pasta...very good and good for you!)
About 4 handfuls of chopped fresh baby spinach

Brown bacon then add ground chicken with fennel seeds (or turkey sausage), garlic, and red pepper flakes. Add beans, undrained, and chicken stock. Simmer for as little 5 minutes or up to 45 minutes. Add pasta and spinach and simmer 8-10 minutes more. Make sure and remove from heat when pasta is done or noodles will get really mushy.

***Most important step: Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, parmesan cheese, and crusty multi-grain bread. YUMM-O!!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails